If you’d before now thought tennis is a recreational sport and therefore a non-fitness activity, you are fundamentally mistaken!. Just like hiking or running, tennis required you to exerts muscles and body parts in the “racketeering” process. Conversely,this activity has a glaring impact on your heart beat.For this reason we have brought to you best heart rate monitor for tennis.
Why Tennis Is Good For You
Unlike some sports, playing tennis encompasses a complete workout of your entire body. Your lower body does all the running, jumping, starting, stopping and crouching.The trunk does the action of hitting the ball, and twisting from direction to direction.
In addition,It is a non-impact activity that’s useful for maintaining body fitness, physical health, strength and agility. In fact, an hour-long game of singles i.e one that takes place between two tennis players, helps to burn around 600 calories for men and 420 calories for women. Further cardiovascular benefits include muscle building, reflexes improvement, reduction in heart disease risks, and several other interesting prospects.
Of course,by now, you should be up and running, eager to jump on the court and smash your way in. Okay, that’s good. But before you do, remember that exercises are strenuous activities that – despite the good they portend – can turn out to be nasty some other times, if not done within bounds. Yes, bounds – your heart rate. Let’s take a look at the importance of heart rate monitors to tennis playing!.Furthermore, Relax! As we guide you through some best heart rate monitor for tennis.
What to look out for when selecting the best heart rate monitor for tennis
There are some factors and qualities you have to keep in mind when you are considering what heart rate monitor to go for. Given the numerous numbers and brands of heart rate monitor in the market, It will be only pertinent to familiarize yourself with these qualities. Below are some features a heart rate monitor should possess to make it worthy of your patronage;
Yes, heart rate monitors help keep a tab on heart beat rates in real-time. But do you know that beyond this fundamental function, some tennis heart rate monitors perform other cool and relevant functions. This includes how many swings you’ve made, the number of steps you’ve taken, and so much more.
Therefore,It is important that you decide on the features that are paramount to you and make a choice that embodies those needs. So, don’t be in a rush to get any hart beat monitor. Take your time to itemize your basic needs before you shoot your purchase shot.
You might think this looks like an irrelevant feature, but it sure isn’t. Everyone innately wants to look good wherever they go, even on the court. It’s therefore important to try going for the best-looking watch that makes you look cool and awesome – who knows who’s taking your photograph while in action?
In this light, Make sure to examine from the several beautiful designs and variants available to choose from, for both male and female tennis players.
Ease and Convenience of Usage
Monitoring your heart rate shouldn’t be something that would put you out of your comfort zone. The process has to be simple, quick and easy. For instance, you shouldn’t have to strain your eyesight just to grasp figures on a device you paid to get. Go for heart rate monitors that come with clear displays, less complex operations and that are easy-to-use.
Tennis is an activity that everyone loves – and hopes to play. Waterproof functionality is fantastic as well as important. Having to take off a heart rate monitor whenever it drizzles, will mean that your aren’t getting the most out of your wearable device.
Maintenance and Durability
Are you one who’s usually carefree with devices? or you are the type that dislikes high maintenance accessories?Then, you should place more importance on durable and rugged monitors, over fancy devices. Considering the inevitability of shots from anywhere, your heart rate monitors must be durable, so much so that it can withstand several shots. More so, your pocket size also determines the kind of tennis heart rate monitor you can go for.
Yay! The “M” Factor!. Cost is an important factor to keep in mind when selecting HRM. You shouldn’t use up your lifetime savings just to get a functional monitor. There are various heart rate monitors suitable for tennis out there that are cheap and affordable. Therefore, go for the best heart rate monitor for tennis that wouldn’t put a strain on your purse.
Large and Clear Displays
Heart rate monitors with big, clear screens, are important for tennis because the presumption is that you’d have to occasionally play a game in the sun. It’s thus important that the icons and figures on the display, are easily decipherable. So, the bigger and clearer the screen is, the better.
Most, if not all, heart rate monitors do of course run on charged batteries that need to be charged regularly. Check to see the power life of a heart rate tracker first before making the purchase. If it is one that doesn’t last long, skip it and opt for another model. No matter how complete its features and functionalities may be. You don’t want to have a tracker that can’t keep up with your court needs.
Some heart rate monitors for tennis come with a guarantee or warranty, while some don’t. You should therefore see what the manufacturer’s policies are on defects in materials or workmanship. If they don’t come with either, consider how often you’ll need to replace or repair them, from your own pocket.
Smartphone Compatibility or Connectivity
Smartphones today is probably one of the most important modern tech devices. It might therefore be helpful to find a fitness tracker that connects with it. If you can connect it, you’ll be able to receive call and text notifications when you’re exercising, commuting, or moving around the house.
As a matter of fact,this becomes necessary since you’re prone to missing phone calls from coworkers, family members, and friends whenever you are working out.
Why an heart rate monitor is essential during a game of tennis
Body Monitoring & Assessment
If you play tennis for exercise and fitness purposes.Working out without a heart rate monitor is like driving your car without a speedometer and a fuel gauge. You have a reasonable guess of how fast you’re going, but not exactly how fast.
In this vein,a heart rate monitor furnishes you with exactly how fast your body is going. With it, you can establish proper training zones and know how much longer you’ll be able to safely continue swinging shots.
Prevention of Under and/or Overtraining
A heart rate monitor gives you a fairly accurate idea of how much more or less you need to go, to achieve your set objectives. However, the easiest way to not see results while training, is to under train. At the same time,when you over train, you get burned out and injured, resulting in no results too. But with heart rate monitors, you can keep tab with progress made and the milestone left unreached.
A Heart Rate Monitor Can be Motivational
A Heart rate monitor is capable of keeping you motivated to grind more on days that you do not feel like it – depending on the model.Coupled with this, it is capable of giving you feedback from exercise to exercise and from week to week – depending on its make and model. That small device can give your tennis performance that extra little “push” it needs, when you need it most!
Best Heart Rate Monitor for Tennis
You don’t have the cash to burn but still want to invest in a decent heart rate tracking device for your tennis workout?. You should consider this HRM from the stable of Huami!
Amazingly,It is the latest smartwatch in Amazfit’s lineup of fitness wear, combining advanced tracking technologies, with smart convenience features. Uniquely, all of these are embodied in a sleek, sophisticated design! With it, you can achieve your personal best on the tennis court, while also monitoring and tracking an important health parameter -heart rate levels!
Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.9 x 3.9 inches
Item Weight: 2.56 ounces
- Keeps you connected to your smartphone by allowing you real-time notifications for important services and app
- Allows you rock your favorite workout tunes with an on board music player.
- Its attractive 1.34″ always-on touchscreen display, makes its usage easy
- With its fiber detailed housing and 5 ATM water resistance, you can continue your tennis workout under a drizzle or light shower
- Along with tennis tracking, its GPS + GLONASS functionality provides route tracking for other sports modes, including running, walking, cycling, swimming, skiing, soccer and many more.
- It lets a user track every aspect of their health fitness including heart rate, steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep quality.
- Its amazing battery life keeps you going for an average of 5 days, after a full charge.
- Its colors aren’t so vibrant in indoor conditions
- Constant updates can be a pain in the ass sometimes
- The big middle button can sometimes be a turnoff
- It has a bulky build that doesn’t look great, compared to the competition
- The Huami OS loaded on it, isn’t as intuitive as it should be.
The Zuoli Smartwatch is also an alternative that you can opt for when you desire a wear to monitor your heart rate during tennis workouts.
- Bluetooth Version:4.0
- Screen Type: 1.3 IPS color screen display
- Strap: Milan Metal Strap/ Silicone strap
- Battery: 160mAh
- IP68 Waterproof functionality
- Compatible Phones: Android 4.4and above; iOS 8.2 and above
- Weight: 54g
- Built-in GPS sensor that helps monitor your movement and map your routes during tennis workouts- without a mobile phone.
- 9＋Sports Mode: Accurately records all-day activities to help you better understand and monitor your tennis workout.
- Heart Rate Tracking: The smartwatch monitors your dynamic heart rate, all-day long. It also helps capture the data and provide comprehensive analysis afterwards.
- Real-time Notification: The Smartwatch also vibrates to remind you of incoming phone calls, SMS and SNS, etc.
- More Functionalities: Distance, calorie, blood pressure monitoring; Find the phone, DIY custom Shake Camera, Drink reminder and Alarm reminder, are some of the extra functionalities available on the device.
- Battery life worsens substantially over a short time
- The results on the display can be pretty difficult to read under sunlight
Garmin Fenix 5
The Garmin Fenix 5 remains a compact fitness smartwatch that’s multisport in nature. For tennis players and enthusiasts, this wrist-based heart rate monitor, – which also offers other advanced fitness features – In addition, keeps you in-the-know about relevant health info, without you needing to break a sweat. Whatever sport you’d like to track, the Fenix 5’s got it covered with different built-in activity profiles and performance metrics.
- It’s great for different sports adventure, due to its rugged design featuring a stainless steel build.
- It possesses a bright, high-resolution, full-color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlight, assuring a qualitative display that’s very readable in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Offers a mobile-watch connectivity feature which avails a user, smart and real-time notifications.
- Posseses several outdoor sensors, including GPS and GLONASS satellite reception, 3-axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter – which all come in handy for various fitness purposes
- Comes in several bands and sizes, making it fit with whatever wrist a tennis player may have
- Features an underwater usage for up to 100m depth of water
- It’s a bit bulky
- Price is on a high side
- Metal strap can be a hassle to fit, if you don’t have special tools
Yes!!! We have taken you through all you you need to know about your heart and tennis. We believe you now have all relevant knowledge as regards best heart rate monitor for tennis available in the market. Your heart is as important as life itself. For this reason you should do everything in your capacity to protect it from potential danger.
Moreover,Do not think you are healthy and fit, therefore,your heart is not in need of monitoring. Nay!! Things don’t work that way as life is capable of throwing unto you the least expected of surprises.So do not give a chance!. Hurry up and select a best heart rate monitor for tennis and your heart will never consider failing.